Sep 7, 2023
Mindful Self-Compassion: How to Be Kind to Yourself
Practice Mindful Self-Compassion: Be Kind to Yourself
Mindful self-compassion is a way of treating yourself with kindness and understanding, just as you would treat a good friend.
It is based on the idea that we all experience difficult emotions and experiences, and that we can learn to be more accepting and compassionate towards ourselves when we do.
There are three components of mindful self-compassion:
- Self-kindness: This is the practice of being kind and understanding towards yourself, even when you make mistakes or experience difficult emotions.
- Common humanity: This is the recognition that everyone experiences difficult emotions and experiences, and that you are not alone.
- Mindfulness: This is the practice of paying attention to your thoughts, feelings, and bodily sensations with kindness and curiosity.
Mindful self-compassion can be practiced in many different ways. Here are a few examples:
- When you are feeling down, take a few minutes to focus on your breath and remind yourself that everyone experiences difficult emotions.
- When you make a mistake, try to be kind to yourself and learn from the experience.
- When you are feeling stressed or anxious, take a few minutes to do something that you enjoy, such as listening to music or taking a walk.
- When you are feeling self-critical, try to remember that you are not perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.
Mindful self-compassion is a powerful practice that can help you to be more accepting and compassionate towards yourself.
If you are struggling with self-criticism or self-judgment, mindful self-compassion can be a helpful tool for you.
Keep this in mind when practicing mindful self-compassion:
- Be patient with yourself. It takes time and practice to learn to be kind to yourself.
- Don’t judge yourself for not being perfect. Everyone makes mistakes.
- Find a way to connect with your inner wisdom and compassion. This could be through meditation, yoga, or simply spending time in nature.
- Remember that you are not alone. Everyone experiences difficult emotions and experiences.
- God loves you! Even with all your imperfections, God still loves you more than you can ever believe.
Mindful self-compassion is a journey, not a destination. There will be times when you are more compassionate towards yourself than others.
But with practice, you will learn to be more accepting and kind to yourself, even in the face of difficult emotions and experiences.
Related Post: Guided Meditation: A Beginner’s Guide
I hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Please, share it with your network on all your social media platforms.
Felix A. Duyilemi is the world’s #1 Greatness and Leadership Coach who specializes in helping people create extraordinary results by becoming aware of their infinite potential. He is the creator of 1000X Results Coaching Program, a Coaching Program designed to skyrocket your results.
Felix A. Duyilemi is the author of the Award-winning book, “How to Borrow God’s Brain to Succeed” and other top-rated books and has giving more than 5000 talks on subjects ranging from Success Ideation, Mindset, Leadership and Potential Maximization. His latest book is “How to Monetize Your Brain.”
When he’s not learning, or coaching or speaking, he’s at home enjoying the company of his amazing family!Reach him at [email protected]